Get ready for a full body lifting routine to make your muscles scream! Fitness weight training is designed to tighten and tone your body from head to toe. Utilizing dumbbells and resistance bands, you will work every muscle group for total-body strength and conditioning. Weight training is a vital component to any weight loss regime and is the only way to literally shape your body to a sleek, sculpted look.
- Muscle burns more calories
- Improves metabolic rate
- Aids in weight loss
- Keeps an elevated heartrate for cardio health
- Increases bone density
The ‘Skinny’ on Weight Training
The quickest way to reducing body fat, increasing lean muscle mass and burning calories in the most efficient way is Strength Training.
The Need-to-Know benefits of strength training:
- Replace Lean Muscle Mass. Muscle mass naturally diminishes with age. If you don’t do anything to replace it, you will naturally increase the percentage of fat in your body.
- Develop strong bones. By stressing your bones, strength training increases bone density and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Control your weight. As you gain muscle, your body begins to burn calories more efficiently. The more toned your muscles, the easier it is to control your weight.
- Boost your stamina and mood. As you get stronger, you won’t fatigue as easily. Strength training has been shown to be a great antidepressant as it elevates your endorphins helping your mood, helps you sleep better, and improves your overall quality of life.
- Continual Caloric Expenditure. You burn calories during strength training, and your body continues to burn calories after strength training. More calories are used to make and maintain muscle than fat, and strength training can actually boost your metabolism by15%.
- Women and Weight Training. The idea that weight training causes big, bulky muscles in females is an absolute myth. Women do not naturally possess the physiology to gain large size gains from a balanced weight training regime. When done appropriately, the results change your body composition creating a much more toned and defined appearance.